Thursday 29 September 2011

{Girl Behind The Lens Blog} The Baby Boom

It would seem that somewhere along the line it feels like 2011 is a Baby Boom year, not as much as say 1983/4 but somewhere along the lines.

I was discussing this last night with my Pregnant-And-9-Days-To-Go Friend, and I pointed out about there being a recession, people not having much money and staying in and creating their own fun. Whether planned or not.

Then she pointed one thing out that I hadn’t thought about. The Weather.
Earlier this year, most of the country had the Big Freeze. And Freeze it was. Stupid amounts of snow. People stranded. And 9months later, a lot of people are expecting babies. My Pregnant-And-9-Days-To-Go Friend assures me that her impending baby isn’t due to The Big Freeze, but just after it.

Then conversation, as with most people turn around to “when is it your turn” however, the people that generally do not ask this are the people who know about the Endometriosis, and the apparent affect it can have on fertility. Both my Pregnant-And-9-Days-To-Go Friend and a few of my other close friends all know what its like trying to conceive when you are faced with barriers, such as Endometriosis, PCOS and Low Sperm Count. And sometimes….the entire THREE of them hit upon the same person.

I remember growing up and being “I want my own house, to be married and have babies by the time I’m 25” it wasn’t a plan. It wasn’t a dream. It was a given. My mum married at 21 and had me 2 weeks before her 25th birthday. Surely that’s how it should be? Apparently not.

21 came and went with a boyfriend that I loved. By 22 I was single pretty much sworn off men forever. I dated. I had casual relationships and now I am with James. We are moving in together and are happy and in love. We have discussed our want of 2-Children (I’m an only child and hated it! If you are not an only child you do not realise how lonely it is). However then comes the subject of timing.

There are things to consider. I for one when setting up the business didn’t realise how little time I would have. If planned correctly and at a time I am ready, I could work a baby around the jobs that I do. But not for next year. Next year to me is too early to even think about having a baby.

We know (or at least I know) that people are going to start asking about Babies and Weddings as soon as we are living together. I am happy in the commitment that James is giving to me by us moving in together and I am in no rush to move on for babies.

With currently as I write this 26 Weddings booked in for next year, I don’t have the time, to make babies let alone have them! (Or as I’ve said before “pop them out”).

As I’ve got older my need to have a child, RIGHT NOW is not as strong as it used to be. I do want a child, that’s not something I will give up on wanting. But if someone said right this minute, I’d panic. Like HELL.

The other problem I have is the issue with the Endometriosis, and the issues that it can have on the conceiving. And the stress and pressure given by the Consultant about having a baby before they can really give anymore treatment. I mean seriously. I need to bring a life into this world, before I am ready to make myself better? If that’s professional advice I’m not sure what is.

It will happen when I’m ready. Its just hard to look at life and the people surrounding you that are all having babies and wonder…”why aren’t I there yet” then I look around at my business and the not very tidy office that surrounds me and I think. It’s because I’m too busy!

It will happen when we are ready. Whether that’s in 5-years or 15-years (latter is exaggerating!) so please don’t ask me when I plan to add my baby into the mix....